There is a long history of martial arts dating back over a thousand years. There are many ideas of who started it, where it came from, etc. Our understanding is that it first began as a way to condition the body so that people would have the ability to sit for long periods of time in meditation without the body deteriorating. Later, they came into a dark period and needed the ability to protect themselves and developed self defense applications. Our needs today are not much different from a long time ago. Our careers are of high stress and usually require a lot of sitting throughout the day. We use martial arts to keep our health strong and enjoy a higher quality of life. We benefit from over a thousand years of knowledge that has stood the test of time. Times are changing and self defense skills are very valuable in protecting your life or a loved ones. Come in and find out why for yourself how Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Bagua and Qigong can give you the tools you need for good health and self defense.
History of Martial Arts ~ Kung Fu ~ Tai Chi
- Increase your Child’s Confid... — Martial Arts at the Martial Arts Center for Health is for everyone. From children to adults, everyone benefits in many ways. Kids need a way to develop themselves, their confidence, and self-esteem, and martial arts is a great way to do that. The classes also help kids to learn about anatomy, while in most schools [...]
- Gain Confidence through Self Defen... — A lot of people are unconfident with their ability to protect themselves, which can lead to fear. With self defense, you’ll be able to have more faith in yourself and grow your confidence every day. This leads to having a better feeling with yourself, as well as feel good with your body. Self defense, like [...]
- Increase Bone Density at the Marti... — Osteoporosis is becoming a bigger deal for people that are 35+. A way to help prevent and deal with it is to increase your bone density. What osteoporosis does is make your bones weak and brittle, which can be counteracted by making your bones stronger and more stable. How can you do that? Through martial [...]
- Doctors Recommend the Martial Arts... — Martial Arts has tremendous health benefits and can get you feeling the best you can. It is one of the most effective workouts available. Here at the Martial Arts Center for Health We have been open and helping people for over 27 years, and customize each movement so it’s right for you. The Martial Arts [...]
- Feel Healthier and Strengthen your... — Martial Arts and specific forms help to boost your immune system and make you feel better. These forms are ones like Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Qi Gong. Tai Chi is often described as “meditation in motion,” but it could also be called “medication in motion.”. Tai Chi is said to unblock and encourage the proper [...]