There is a long history of martial arts dating back over a thousand years. There are many ideas of who started it, where it came from, etc. Our understanding is that it first began as a way to condition the body so that people would have the ability to sit for long periods of time in meditation without the body deteriorating. Later, they came into a dark period and needed the ability to protect themselves and developed self defense applications. Our needs today are not much different from a long time ago. Our careers are of high stress and usually require a lot of sitting throughout the day. We use martial arts to keep our health strong and enjoy a higher quality of life. We benefit from over a thousand years of knowledge that has stood the test of time. Times are changing and self defense skills are very valuable in protecting your life or a loved ones. Come in and find out why for yourself how Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Bagua and Qigong can give you the tools you need for good health and self defense.
History of Martial Arts ~ Kung Fu ~ Tai Chi
- Give the Gift of Health and Tai Ch... — Martial Arts Center for Health gift cards are a perfect gift to give or receive. They make great gifts for friends, family and coworkers. Life is much more fun when we feel good in our body. Gift cards can be used toward any of the services and products we offer including; Online Private Lessons; Private [...]
- Strengthen Your Body & Mind W... — Strengthen your body and your mind with Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Bagua and Qigong at the Martial Arts Center for Health. Learn time-tested movements to develop strength in your large and small muscles. Increase your flexibility and range of motion in joints. While challenging your body, you are learning to concentrate and strengthen your mind. [...]
- Martial Arts for a Healthy Body — We welcome you to the Martial Arts Center for Health in the Orlando area. We have been teaching people to use their body in a healthy way through the martial arts. Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Qigong (or Chi Kung) are excellent methods of caring for your body’s exercise needs. Go where the doctors go and [...]
- Improve Balance through Tai Chi wi... — Tai Chi is a proven method of improving balance and stability. As we age balance is very important for health and safety. Join us to see how you can improve your balance in a fun safe way. The Martial Arts Center for Health has been helping people of all ages since 1992 in the Orlando [...]
- Learn Qigong and Tai Chi at the Ma... — Come and see why so many doctors choose the Martial Arts Center for Health. Tai Chi, Qigong and Kung Fu are all arts that are taught at the Martial Arts Center for Health. Since 1992 our main focus has been on health and adults. All movement is modified to match each person to ensure maximum [...]